subscribe

Search a post

George Lilanga - The spirit of Makonde


In the beginning of the week I discovered the Gallery of African Art in London based between Green Park and Piccadily Circus thanks to my friend Kiitan. We decided to go there to see The Spirit of Makonde, an exhibition of works by George Lilanga, a Tanzanian artist. Sculptures, paintings, etchings were exposed and I loved each of it. George Lilanga's work is upon 'the myths and cosmological beliefs of his Makonde heritage'. What makes his work popular is the representation of Shetanis (spirits, devil) in daily scene (using phones, brushing teeth and lots more). Lilanga's work is full of bright colors, full of humour and fascinating.

After that we went to the Brasserie Zedel in Piccadily Circus to a snack. You can't imagine how happy I was to eat in a French place lol ! It's a good place that I recommand for everybody.
















 Oh and I would like to thanks Melissa for my makeup look of the day, you are a glam beast ! 






Stay connected !

Back to Top